Catholics for Family Peace: Education and Research on Domestic Abuse is an initiative by the National Institute for the Family. This initiative promotes peace within families and helps Catholics recognize and respond to instances of domestic abuse with compassion. Our vision is that all families have peace in their homes and that they, when such situations arise, respond with knowledge and compassion to domestic abuse, in accordance with the Gospel values. Our objectives are the following:
- To inform the Catholic community on how to promote family peace and to prevent domestic abuse.
- To promote the teachings of the Catholic Church related to domestic abuse.
- To collaborate with clergy and lay leaders to promote an informed and compassionate response.
- To conduct and encourage research on the relationship of faith and domestic abuse.
- To serve as a resource to pastors and inform them on how the universal Church addresses instances of domestic abuse.
- To collaborate with other faith-based and secular organizations that address domestic abuse and promote peaceful relationships.